I pledge allegiance to the flag...with Liz-a-bee and justice for all.
(I am actually a little bumbed that out of the WHOLE Pledge of Allegiance, which he recites at random times throughout the day, the only word he created was 'Liz-a-bee')
If you chew with your mouth open, you go to jail. (I admit, I do tell him off-the-wall stuff to get results, but I promise I didn't tell him he'd go to jail for that offense.)
I love you more than that...I love you all the way up to Jesus' hair. (pronounced HAY-ER...where DID he get that accent from?)
O-creepie-O (Star Wars--C3PO)
Did you know something SUDDENLY hurt my feelings? (This one usually shows up when he's supposed to be in bed)
Did you know that I love Curious George so much he's real now! (the story of The Velveteen Rabbit will do that to you)
Where do basketballs grow?
Did you know that when it becomes sunny again we can swim? That's good because we've been wanting to swim lately.
Many of his profound questions or statements seem to start with--Did you know that... or I realize that...
'Oshynisms' might not seem that funny on paper to just anyone. It is the cadence and the wording that does it to us. He just uses the vocabulary of someone much older, so to see a 3'4" little guy talking the way he does leaves our cheeks and bellies hurting! It is on a daily basis that Beau and I hide our grins behind books, pillows, anything to not disclose our mouths that are screaming to let out a crazy laughter. "Why hide?" you say--believe me it doesn't always work, but he is ususally dead serious about the subject he is conveying to you and if you laugh he might stop talking which = less 'Oshynisms' to write about!
5 comments:
Oops! Sorry I deleted my thing. This is Natalie Norton! Remember me?? Your kids are beautiful! Congrats! Where are you guys now?
i can't wait till my kiddies can talk, so so so funny. good thing you write them down, you will laugh at them again later.
and what do you do when you can't hide the laughter? i am such a bad mom cause i always laugh at all the bad stuff kids do, which eggs them on, i can't help it though.
Here's one Heidi - isms I remember... you singing
Jesus Loves Me "in the snow"....
xomom
I wasn't sure you would remember me so I never commented on your page. Your little family is so cute! I love that you named your son Oshyn. I also love my Father-in-law. You did NOT hear this from me but my Mother-in-law will now probably try and sell you Mary Kay. Just SAY NO! Enjoy Lodi.
I love those comments. Keep writing them down. We all love to hear them and he'll love them when he's older!
Post a Comment