Thursday, August 11, 2011

Karate Kid

In front of Target one day, some kids from a local karate (or tae kwon do...aikido...) place asked if the kids wanted to take a free class.  They were pumped and ready to chop.
The next week I told the boys it was time and Cruz quickly ran into his room.  He told me, "I need to put my karate shirt on!"  I couldn't wait to see what he though his 'karate shirt' was.
A Superman robe.  Awesome.
On the way there Cruz said, "I wonder who my Sensei (先生) is going to be?"  He wore his robe karate gear the ENTIRE time--that's quite hot for summer attire!  It was so fun to watch and the teachers were great.  I love hearing little people say, "YES SIR!"


At the end they presented Cruz with a white belt to have.  He was just a little excited and wore it for days after.

No comments: