Tuesday, June 5, 2012

FIVE

Cruz turned the BIG F-I-V-E on June 5th...which made it his GOLDEN BIRTHDAY!
We celebrated on his special day with some of his preschool buddies, having a Lego party.

Would you believe me if I told you "we forgot" (read "I forgot") to have everyone sing 'Happy Birthday' & have Cruz blow out the candles?  Yep.  In the hustle and bustle of it all, I cut the cake for everyone and handed it out...then Beau reminded me that we didn't sing 'Happy Birthday' or even light candles.  So, we stopped right then and there, shoved some candles in the already-cut-cake and belted out an extra fabulous 'Happy Birthday' song.  Cruz could have cared less and was probably pumped because he got a second helping of cake!

The Birthday Boy and his entourage.  (Owen, Cameron, and John).  I love five year olds.  They were all super sweet, fun, and excited about everything.

Later on in the evening, we gave him our gifts in this fancy wrapping job.  In our family, when its your golden birthday you get as many presents as your b-day (i.e. Cruz was 5 on the 5th, so he got 5 presents.)  He was stoked to find a skateboard, Cars jet, Zem shoes, $5 bill, and a guitar wallet.

1 comment:

Denae said...

Taj seriously woke up the 6th & said "Tyce is 5 now!" It was really cute.