As I was making dinner, I heard giggles and then deep belly laughs coming from the little boys room. Such a fun sound that you want to bottle up forever if possible. After a few minutes of hearing the laughter I was curious as to what was making them so giddy. I poked my head into their room to hear Tyce tell me, "Look Mom!! We made a homemade ice skating rink!"
Our lovely and creative youngest two decided to empty an entire jar of petroleum jelly on their floor, walls, dresser, drawers, rockers, hair…and much much more. Needless to say, they were slipping and sliding all around the room like a genuine ice skating rink. Apparently, according to Tyce, it was all Kai's idea.
That was the moment I wanted to both laugh and cry at the same time. It looked really fun and how could I be mad when they were laughing so hard and having a blast. But--how in the heck were we ever going to get it all cleaned up??!?
Lucky for me, Beau was home and I put him on clean up duty (usually this kind of stuff only happens when he's at work). After some hot soapy water and some elbow grease, the floor shines but doesn't make you fall on your face. And as for the rest of the room, we may forever find a glob here and there.









No comments:
Post a Comment