Saturday, February 7, 2015

Amanda Grazier aka Amandalynn

Beau and I got the chance to meet up with a 2nd cousin of mine (maybe 3rd once removed??). She lives in San Francisco now but was in an art show in Honolulu.

My Grandfather John Robert was first cousins with her Grandmother "Aunt Etter" (to me).  Every summer when I would go to Pennsylvania and stay with my grandparents, Amanda and I would play.  She lived 2 doors down, with her grandparents the only house in between.  We had the best time playing flashlight tag, checking blue bird houses, bugging her sister Gretta, walking to Gardners candy store in Bedford, swimming at Calebiet & shawnee, going to Meeting and much more. During the school year we would often be pen pals writing letters back and forth.  Over time we grew apart but will always have the fondest memories.   It was great to see her and spend some time catching up a bit.

No comments: