Monday, August 25, 2008

We 'tri'ed and conquered

This past Saturday Beau and I did a triathlon at Rancho Seco Park in Herald, CA. Here are some highlights...
Pre-race family photo op. (Thanks Aunt Judy!)

Our friends, the Webb's, we set up camp right beside them in the transition area. They rule.

Coming out of the swim--notice who's first? Oh yeah!

Beau finishing the bike. Do you see me coming up right behind him? Well, that's because I'm not. That's why I was happy to at least beat him out of the water. That's where we separated. He works it.
H.J.N. coming in after 8 mi. bike

Happy guy, all done, tons of fun.

Giving Cruz and Uncle Roy high 5's after I finished. And do you see #134 in the background? She was ahead of me the ENTIRE run...last stretch-I smoked her. I'm not competitive :)

Beau's favorite part of the tri was when I popped my head up as we were going around the 3rd buoy and said "Hi!". Mine was when Pop Pop had to change Cruz's diaper without having any wipes-my fault (sorry Pop Pop, but its kind of funny to picture--you are the best!)

Thanks again to Aunt Judy, Uncle Roy and Pop Pop for watching the kiddos and cheering us on. They loved being a part of it and Oshyn can't wait to turn 6 and 'tri' himself.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH GIRLFRIEND YOU GUYS ROCK!!! You're so awesome!!! :)

Jill said...

Way to go! That looks like a blast!

Kim said...

You guys rock!

Stephanie said...

My fave is the pic of you beating Beau out of the water! If you look closely he is smiling at you! Wish i could have seen that!

ashley said...

you guys do rule! that looks like a ton of fun. and so cool that you both got to do it! i hear you on the not competitive stuff, glad you smoked 134 on the stretch!

Anonymous said...

Good on ya for doing it and loving it ---
And whoo whoo for Pop Pop who saved the day.
xomom

Troy and Julie said...

THATS AWESOME. HEY SWIMMING WORKED!! GREAT JOB.

Da Denninghoff's said...

Yeah Heidi Jo! So fun that you guys got to do that together. Way to stay young.

Anonymous said...

You go Beau and Heidi!!!!! That is so awesome! YOu guys are seriously so amazing! What a fun couple thing to do!!!! And Heidi, you look great!!!

Taralyn said...

That's awesome. Congrats. But.... the only problem is you still look put together after finishing a Tri. Sickening!