I vividly remember talking on the phone...with Oshyn on my lap as a toddler. He was dancing around on the seat and rocking back and forth between the desk & I (doing the little munchkin I-can't-sit-still-for-one-minute groove.) Suddenly Preston, I mean Oshyn, missed placing his hands on the desk and hit it with his chin instead. Chomp! Down went his teeth, taking a chunk (literally) out of his tounge. He was bleeding so much I thought maybe he needed stitches, so I called Stephanie and we got in the car--and called Kaiser's advice nurses on the way to ?who knows where--I don't even know if we knew where--the ER or the Dr.? Just feeling sad and anxious for him. Lucky for me I had a friend that thought quick and brought a popscicle to distract Oshyn and the blood. Yadda yadda yadda, turns out that saliva makes it look like more blood than it really is, tounges heal on their own--no stitches needed, and just give him popscicles, sherbert--cold stuff to keep the swelling down. Done. Oshyn had so many cold sweets that day that for dinner when I put a bowl of orange sherbert down in front of him he cried for broccoli.This isn't Cruz's first bloody fall, but for some reason today brought me to thinking about Oshyn's incident. Funny how the worrying lasted much shorter this time around, we went straight to the popscicles, and the day went on.
1 comment:
things are so much better the second time around huh? no worries over little stuff like that when it's round 2!
Post a Comment