Monday, June 15, 2009

Cruzer makes Twozer **unedited version**

If you weren't here for Cruz's b-day, after reading this (or even skimming it), you will feel like you were. Here's the play-by-play of the busy day...
Oshyn and Cruz started off as cocoons wrapped in their blankets to keep warm, then chowed down on some eggs on toast. I decided it would be a better day if we let Cruz open up just one present before Daddy went to work. We picked carefully--the scooter was #1! "That's for ME!! That's mines!!"
Cruz cried when I wanted him to get dressed to go outside, he wanted to keep his pjs on...then I told him he should wear his BASEBALL shirt. That made him a happy boy and Mr. Big Ears (aka. Oshyn) said, "Did you say BASEBALL?". Oshyn then ran upstairs to get his "uniform" for the day. While Oshyn got dressed, Cruz rode his "new scooter--I love my new blue scooter!!" outside.
Oshyn came down asking if I could help him put on his "pleats" because baseball players can wear "pleats" too. After a bit of screaming from Cruz after Oshyn took off for a minute on his new scooter, we went across to the grassy knoll and played baseball...which became chase...which became football (because of the tackling)...
And who can play football without a helmet?
After lunch, Cruz took a nap while O and I decorated the downstairs and made Cruz's cake. He was pretty surprised when he woke up (and the next day when he came downstairs in the morning he kept saying, "What the HECK?"). We took off for a little break to go to Oshyn's swim team--only to realize no practice on Friday's. The boys wanted to run the track instead. So we did. We got home around 6pm and then it was "Happy I-was-in-labor-two-years-ago Day" to me, so we ordered Nonaka's teriyaki rice bowls for dinner. Spiderman and Birthday boy scootered down the street to pick it up. By the time we got home Cruzer was ready for the party to begin!!

Beau got home a tad late and before he could even eat dinner the boys were chompin' at the bit to celebrate! Cruzer was so pumped to blow out the candles that he did it not once or twice but by the end of the night, THREE times (...and continued to ask about blowing out candles for the next few days).
He was a little present opening pro, so serious and excited about everything. A "HUGE" train track went up using all of our pieces and we had a few happy campers for the rest of the evening.
We finished the day where we began, with some scooter riding. Hope you had a Happy Birthday little man! We can't believe you are already TWO! (Although at times you act like you're 22.) You are giving us quite a ride and we love you.


4 comments:

summer and ricky said...

I love reading your blog, and you're so good at updating it. Your boys are so cute. Are you guys heading to redding for the fourth again?

Denae said...

Happy Birthday little Stud!!! We've been missing you guys a lot lately.

Stephanie said...

I love you Cruzer! And that cake is Awesome! How come mine never ever turn out like that?

Anonymous said...

Hugs and kisses to Cruzer -- remember the day you were born like yesterday. Can't wait to see you!