Friday, September 4, 2009

Know-it-all-isms

(a bit old, but too funny to forget...)
On our way to the pool we saw some of our 11-year old neighbors up on top of their minivan hanging out. Cruz trailing behind Oshyn and I looked right up at them and with his deep angry voice & big lips said, "HEY! You need to
get down from there RIGHT NOW!" Oh were they scared. :)

At the doctor's office last week (for his way over due well-baby check-up, not the ER) the nurse came in to weigh him. She asked me if his diaper was soiled. Cruz looks up at her and says in his charming--ha! I mean I-should-own-this-joint voice, "I DON'T wear DIAPERS! Diapers are for BABIES!"
Later another nurse was coming in to give him immunizations. She said, "Would you like to give baby his immunizations in his legs?" In his same wonderful voice as before he informed her, "I'm NOT a BABY, I'm a BIG BOY." The nurse replied, "Well all right then BIG BOY, you can get them in your arms."

Cruz has a way of surprising people. He is just a little guy with A LOT to say and isn't afraid to say it. I have yet to meet another 2-year-old like this one and I wouldn't trade him for the world, even when he's cheeky.

5 comments:

Megan and Keli'i said...

Oh so dang cute. He's so sassy. He and Eva would either get along great or they would butt heads like crazy. How's the pregnancy going? And did I ever tell you that Adam and Amy are having another girl? Yes, it was a shocker.

Anonymous said...

I want to hold him ...

Bowdens said...

Just catching up on your blog tonight! Holy toe injury!! That looks painful! What a cute guy though. I love that he's not intimidated by the big boys!

Lacey said...

I'm totally going to get him with so many kisses in two weeks. I can't wait!

Denae said...

Well of course he's a big boy! The nurses totally had it coming.