Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Oh sooo SICK (sarcasm intended)

Oshyn has had a hacking cough for a few days, but he doesn't seem like he's dying so we've been sending him off to school much to his dismay. Every morning he tells us he's probably too sick to go to school. This morning, after coming home yesterday losing his voice and coughing through the night, I found a little mercy in my heart and told him he could go back to sleep and stay home from school. The condition was he needed to stay in bed and rest so he could get better. Being the "oh-so-sick" boy that he was, he asked with a little glee in his voice, "Can I have breakfast in bed?!?" and that was the beginning of the Oshynism comments that continued all morning.
At about 8 am we saw a little bald head peeking through the stair rails. When asked what he needed, he informed us that he was just about starving up there. Opps--guess I needed to hurry up on the pampering.
After a GREAT breakfast in bed he was wanting to play with Cruz and told Grammie "I'm going to feel better in the afternoon, when school is over." (He actually told Beau this at about 7:30 when he was contemplating the no school deal too).
Its pretty hard to stay in your room in bed when you are five, so this was quite an effort for someone so terribly terribly sick. Curious as to what everyone was doing he asked if he could come out. I told him I really wanted him to rest so his body could recover. Oshyn said, "You know why I really wanted to stay home?" This was going to be good...."because I didn't want to get the other kids sick." What a thoughtful guy.
By about 10 am he tells me, "I'm really not sick sick," and by 11 am he was down stairs eating lunch probably very thankful to be out of bed.
I wonder if tomorrow he will be TOO sick to go to school :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He's good... but you totally have him figured out! ;) Too funny! Love this story... Hope he is feeling better