Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sweet Dreams and God Bless You

My dear Grammie got her prayers answered in the wee hours of this morning. Such a sweet sweet humble lady that over the years I looked up to more and more, not physically since elementary school, for she was a petite little woman :) but in so many other ways.

To have a marriage that marched right past 60 years and was still going with that "Handsome Cowboy" that she was swooned by so many years ago.
To have seven children alone is admirable, but to have seven children with hearts of gold, that are loyal to the core, handy with a plethora of talents, and that flash smiles & giggles that are contagious is extraordinary.

To be conscious and caring of EVERY SINGLE grandchild that she had, 14 (if I'm not mistaken) and great grandchild (I want to go to bed sometime tonight so I'm not counting that high) seems daunting, yet she made us all feel important and loved by her words, cards for every occasion and time she spent sewing for us.

There are so many wonderful qualities that Virginia Evangeline emulated to all those that were blessed to know her. I am so thankful she is my Daddy's Mom and for all of the great qualities he inherited from her. Christ was her Lord and Savior and she definitely was doing her best at all times to be like Him. She succeeded in my book and I know she is pain free and well with Him now.

Sweet Dreams and God bless you Grammie. You are already missed.
Psalm 23
(One of her favorites)
1 The Lord is my ashepherd; I shall not bwant.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he aleadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of arighteousness for his bname’s sake.
4 Yea, though I awalk through the bvalley of the cshadow of ddeath, I will fear no eevil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they fcomfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou aanointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely agoodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a really lovely tribute to a very lovely woman.

Unknown said...

How beautiful. That was very touching. I just wanted to tell you that you look like your grandpa. Your smiles are so alike.

Randy and Kelly Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randy and Kelly Jo said...

This is amazing Heidi, thank you so much for being the wonderful person you are and writing this about Grammie. We are all so lucky to be surrounded with such an amazing family that started with an incredible woman and man. We will miss Grammie so much but I keep trying to think of her singing and dancing in heaven so grateful to be able to move like she hasn't been able to for decades. We love you

Jaclyn said...

Wow Heidi, thank you!! That was perfect! It's so awesome to see such great pictures of her so happy. I love you so much!

Kim said...

Sweet Tribute, Heidi.

So grateful to have every card she "didn't" have to send for occasions that I couldn't believe she remembered and so grateful for my little bags to keep the kids stuff in and for the soft blanket that arrived within days of Enzo's birth that we used to keep him warm in the NICU.

Smiths said...

What an example. I love meeting or hearing about women that have accomplished so many of the goals I'm working on. It is possible! Thank you for sharing.