Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sharing seats & Lately-isms







Tyce-isms:
I don't want a sticker! (when we enter story time at the library or the dr. office--both always offer stickers b/c most kids like them)  If by chance one makes it on the top of his hand, we may as well have given him a shot in the same place because he complains about it hurting for hours and CRIES his eyes out.  We avoid stickers.

Oshyn's school?
Tyce's swimming? (when we drive by familiar places)

I happy to see you! (to any of us when he sees us and when he's playing cars--this is what they say to each other :)

What's up dude? (when we least expect it--we can't help but laugh b/c we don't know where this one came from)

Jesus Christ was born? (he loves Bony M's "Mary's Boy Child", but says this at random times...
What's in your mouth?  Jesus Christ was born.
What do you want for breakfast? Eggs, toast, Jesus Christ was born.)

Brother Kerr is coming to town. (to the tune of Santa Claus is coming to town...???)

Going in na church? (anytime we look nice he asks us this)

Tyce always has a song in his head and walks around the house singing something almost all day.




Cruz-isms:
It's "soggy" outside today. (Foggy :)

Socks that are connected to your pants...those are called tights!

'Party Rock' has a nice beat...a COOL beat!

Cruz is very proud and honored to have a CTR ring. C=Choose, T=The, R=Right.  He received it from his Primary teacher and has been making really good choices when he wears it.  I should have gotten one sooner!


Oshyn-isms:
The goal for the year for O is to think of others first.  He has demonstrated this in ways recently without any prompts, which has been really neat.  At school they receive "otter bucks" for good behavior, getting work done, etc.  Occasionally they can cash them in at the "Otter store".  One day he came home and had bought Tyce a book with cars and Cruz a Star Wars bobble head.  I asked him what he bought for himself and he said, "Nothing".  I assumed he just didn't see anything he liked, but O told me that he didn't have any otter bucks left after he bought Cruz and Tyce their presents.  Wow.  

He's worn his contact for up to 12 hours!!  and isn't struggling with them anymore!  Yay!

The boys are obsessed with "jinxing" each other...
Cruz: Jinx!! You owe me a coconut!
Oshyn: Do I have to go all the way back to my homeland??

For about a week straight I was asked to sing the National Anthem, so the big boys could start playing baseball in the backyard.  Cruz used the tramp for his ball return net and Oshyn used the rebounder.  Good stuff.


 The "Worker Guys"








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The part about O made me get teary -- what a sweet boy.

Megan and Keli'i said...

Adorable. You make cute little boys, that's for sure.

When you coming to visit? It's been too long.

Smiths said...

I just had a nice catch up session. You're family is rad, and I'm honestly excited that you are welcoming another kid to the bunch. Congratulations!