Saturday, September 29, 2012

Roadhouse Reward


These two boys did an incredible job their first semester of kindergarten & third grade.  I went to both parent/teacher conferences and each of their teachers raved on and on.
Mrs. Duncan (Cruz's teacher) said, "If all of my students were like Cruz I would go home singing everyday."  She said that he is so on task & he just can't understand why other people talk when she's talking or do anything out of sorts in general.  She said it just boggles his mind :)  She also told me about how Cruz likes to be first in line on the way to the cafeteria for lunch.  He chums it up with her, asking her questions about life & what she is having for lunch.  I was beaming and proud as a mom could be after his conference.  On our way to the car, I was trying to think of what I could do to show him how extremely happy and proud I was of his efforts.  Should I take them out for ice cream or something better or should I just tell him & leave it at that?  (Sidenote: I had been giving the boys a tic tac when they got their seatbelt on--Tyce motivation)  As they were all getting in the car, I really made a point to let Cruz know what a great job he was doing and how that made me feel.  I gave him his tic tac & feeling that I was proud of him, he said, "Can I have TWO tic tacs?"  I had to laugh because my plans of ice cream or bigger were settled by a mere tiny piece of a mint/candy.  I said, "Sure...you can have THREE!"  Boy that was easy.
Mrs. Adams (Oshyn's teacher) first words to me were, "He's rockin' it!"  She was blown away at his dedication and seriousness for learning.  Oshyn told me she said to him, "If people would cooperate like you, Oshyn, I would have the best class in the world!"  All of his scores were above average and his mind is always working, figuring things out on his own--such as the fact that division is the opposite of multiplication.

Beau and I decided we wanted to let them know how much we appreciate what they do all day at school.  We took everyone out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.  Rewarded with RIBS!  A treat for us all.

2 comments:

Randy and Kelly Jo said...

Good job boys! Love this picture of the two of them sharing a sweatshirt. xo

Anonymous said...

They work very hard and are very serious about school - what could be better than that?