Sunday, October 21, 2007

'Let's "cut" the whole thing off'


Tomato plants in August before a trimming Oshyn in October before a trimming
So, I got a little pruning crazy...
After the trim
After the trim

This post is inspired by the song below (seen on youtube) which I have sung for many years with my grandparents. My incredibly HUGE tomato plants...yes, there are just 2...have had to be cut back severely three or more times this summer and I think this will be the last time for the season.
An ode to the tomato plants who have brought me (and all of my neighbors) lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots, as Oshyn would say, Tomatoes. Thank you. Aside from the tomatoes getting a hair cut, Oshyn has also received quite a trim back for the season.

You say tomato, I say tomato...You say ocean, I say Oshyn...Let's 'cut' the whole thing off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this! You keep getting more and more clever. I now have this blog set up to come to me every morning because I can't wait to see what's next!
Love you - mom