Thursday, July 10, 2008

A different kind of summer

Oh where oh where has the delta breeze gone
Oh where oh where can it be?
There's so much smoke in the air it looks foggy out there
Oh please come blow it away.

To be inhaling air as if I smoked a pack a day is not my idea of a good time.  Driving down the freeway today I saw a half a dozen fire trucks with the firemen's duffles all stacked on top ready for their shift.  Hopefully the fires will dwindle down soon...word is, 28 major fires still blazing in the state.  The air looks like the winter fog we get down here, but the temperature beckons me to jump in the pool.  We usually make it until about 4pm and then we give in and jump in.  This morning we made it until 9am...hopefully none of us come down with the smokers cough.

Neither one could wait to get in!!


How Oshyn spends his swimming time (at least he isn't breathing much air)


Cruz working the float...he can get the wall now too--Go Cruzer!

A week or so ago, we went with the Joneses to the mall to play on their play thingy to beat the smoke.  I had to post some of these pictures because I love that Sophie just dives head first off of just about everything--and then laughs.  Strike a pose Bella and O...we're still into matching top to bottom and tucking EVERYTHING in!

       

2 comments:

Taralyn said...

I looked for that infant swim out here by me, but couldn't find one close enough. I had to settle for the baby swim lessons at the community pool and well.... you know how that goes. Maybe someday :)

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine that Heidi. That is rough. I have to tell you though that the humidity is killing me here. I just don't want to move!
Taj's favorite play place is the mall. It's great!