So I have already done the dishes, watered the garden, done a load of laundry, put some oatmeal in the rice cooker for breakfast, and I'm still not quite sure I tired myself out enough to fall back asleep. It is getting closer to morning. 4:11 am to be exact. I guess I'll write a little somethin' somethin' that I've been thinking about a wee bit. Earlier this week I read on a friend's blog (thanks Ash) about the scripture:Luke 2:52: "And Jesus increased in wisdom and
stature, and in favour with God and man."
Before reading this I had decided that if I read my scriptures and did something active...even if it just was a walk, that everything else I did in my day was just gravy (aka. bonus). These two things were my goal--2 important things for me and if I reached them I felt like I've done my duty--for myself. To not get too overwhelmed with all that I want to do and focus on what I felt was really important (of course loving and taking care of my kids is a given, but do I even have to say that for everyone to already know that?) was what I was aiming for. I'm the type of person that feels good about a day if I've accomplished something. My husband calls me the "classic over-achiever".

True to my title, when reading an interpretation of this scripture how "daily we should do something to increase our wisdom, stature (do something physical), spirituality (favour with God), and social (favour with man)" made me want to do a little something more. So this is my new goal--to work on these 4 areas--instead of just 2 of them...
At least I'll have more time to work on these today, being that the dishes are done, the garden is watered, I'm a load of laundry closer, breakfast is ready...hopefully I won't be too tired.
If this makes no sense to anyone, cut me some slack--it is 4 in the morning. As for the pictures, who doesn't like flying kids?
7 comments:
I love you girlfriend!!! :)
love it.
i am such a nerd, but i am totally making myself a little chart or something so that i can mark off getting all four things done and feel good about getting it. also so that if i do slack i will see it and hold myself accountable. good luck, you over achiever you.
You telling me your goals reminds me of Beau and you in Hawaii and Beau would always have something deep to think about and to better yourself. Your funny! When are you headed this way again?
Heidi I wish we were closer because I'm dying from this pregnancy insomnia! It would be very nice to have someone to chat with in the middle of the night. Sadly I'm not an over achiever like you & get up & actually do stuff. I just lay there begging sleep to come. Sometimes read, but that makes me more awake.
I'm impressed though with your over achieverness. Good for you getting stuff done. I'm just proud to have a taken care of kid & clean house!
I really love this post. It reminds me of what an extraordinary woman you have become. I have thought so much about this post and what my contributions to the same categories might be.
I do love you lots -- and I'm really glad you were born and I'm especially lucky to be your mom.
xo
Hey there over-acheiver!! Maybe you should stop by and rub off on me! That sounds weird but you know what i mean! SUPERGIRL!
Your blogs MAKE MY DAY ---as any thing you do does. G'ma
Post a Comment