Three of my best friends from back-in-the-day (and now, too) all decided to have babies one after another. 3 babies in 3 months--I must have missed the memo. This is super fun for me because for the last 4 1/2 years, I have been the only one with kids in that circle of my life. We are back on the same page in a way. So, meet the babies (I'm not trying to sell these munchkins, just giving their mini bios :)
Kellen Ronald, Ashley's baby, was born August 17th, our anniversary, so 2 1/2 months old. He is a happy little guy, a smiler and cooer. Kellen has great cheeks and thighs that scream out "squeeze me"!! Don't worry, I did.
Julien James, Lindsey's baby, was
born September 26th, almost 5 weeks old. Cute little munchie with more hair than Cruz. Julien is a little squirt that likes the football hold and can hardly keep his little eyes open at least when I'm giving him snuggles. I cuddled him as much as possible!
Giselle Faith, Amanda's baby, is the newest addition, born October 20th--she wasn't even a week old when I met her. She was at the point where you say to yourself, "My baby was never that small!" Giselle was swimming in newborn clothes, but even so, she was dressed to the 9's (what does that mean anyway?), matching her onsie all the way to her burp cloth--from what I've heard, girls are kind of like baby dolls--playing dress-up. What a sweetheart.
If you can't tell, I'm a proud auntie.
The coolest part about all of these babies was their parents. It was fun to see them all in action and every one of them beamed with immense love for their little miracles--and that is no joke. (These 3 babies have the craziest birth stories I've EVER heard...wowza. My labors look like a cake walk on the freeway compared to theirs.)
Saturday night was my reunion. I don't think I had seen anyone there since our actual graduation day in May 1998 (give or take 2 or 3 people). It was just as I hoped it would be. Everyone was so happy to see each other and people had grown up just enough that there were no dividing lines or bad memories--at least that I saw. We all had a fabulous time sharing the latest and greatest, eating, reminiscing, dancing, hugging & talking some more. It was really great to hear all the wonderful things people have done and are doing. I am so glad that I went and I can't believe its already been a whole decade--I still feel 18!
I returned back to Cali to be hazed back into Motherhood this week. Crazy little men (that seemed HUGE compared to the little babies) tried to work me daily, but I still love 'em. Especially the biggest one--thanks for always supporting me in things I want to do--not need to do.
1 comment:
What sweet, cute babies. And adorable names too (I'm paying attention to these things these days).
Ben just found out he missed his reunion! Whoops.
I think the 9s has something to do with being on a scale out of 10... I really have no idea, but that would be my guess. But then why wouldn't we "dress to the 10s"?
Post a Comment