Monday, November 10, 2008

The End of the Closet Era

Friday afternoon at around 2:30p Oshyn and I heard some doors opening and closing, we thought that Cruz was just opening and closing the closet door (aka. his bedroom) during his nap.  Then we saw some little prancing feet run across the hall making their way downstairs.  No crash, no boom, but the little crazy man climbed out of the port-a-crib.  
Friday night Cruz slept in the regular 'ol crib in the short guys' room.  I'm sad to see the era come to an end.  It worked so well for all of us.  Darkness, solitude, late mornings...I'm going to miss the benefits.  Hope he doesn't bang his brains out, he's a pretty smart guy and I don't want to see that disappear.  Note to Cruz: it hurts to rock on wood.  
(Note to Sean: I'm sure Beau would want me to tell you that head locks hurt too)

4 comments:

Bowdens said...

Oh that is too bad! Hopefully he'll still sleep good for ya!

Anonymous said...

I bet he was just so pumped and proud of himself. Would have loved to have been there to see the little patter of feet.
xo

Anonymous said...

Oh Heidi I'm feeing it. That's the saddest stage to have end so far!
You cracked Ben & I up with telling Oshyn to eat all of his candy! What a genius idea! Did he do it?

Sean P. Nobmann said...

True, headlocks do hurt. But as I've often said, headlocks also build character.