
January 31, 1999 held a bit more than just another Superbowl Sunday for me. 10 years ago this weekend, I got baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Something that has had such an impact on my life that I find it quite hard to forget, unlike who was playing in that year's football game. I have learned a lot in ten years (man, I hope I would--10 years is a decent amount of time) and have had many blessings come because of it all. Some of the biggest were meeting Beau in college, marrying this fabulous man in the Seattle temple, and having two wonderful little boys born under the covenant. Can't ask for too much more than that--except for something else pretty huge. My family (and friends) have been in 100% support of me and my decisions since day one. Wow.

I KNOW not everyone can say that. Those of you I'm talking about, know that I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Here is some of what I have become more and more sure of since that day, it is my testimony.
I know that there is a God. We have a Heavenly Father that loves us immensely and knows each of us personally.
We have an elder brother, Jesus Christ, who volunteered to come down here and suffer and die for our wrongdoings. We have the ability to live with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ once again because of this selfless act.
The Book of Mormon is the word of God. It was written by Prophets in the ancient Americas and its teachings can be paralleled to our lives today.

Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God and went through a tremendous amount to translate the Book of Mormon and restore the Gospel to the earth. We can become closer to God by reading this book along with the Bible.
All of the Presidents of the Church since Joseph Smith were called of God with Thomas S. Monson the current Prophet leading us in these latter days.
I know these things are true and challenge you to learn more and find out for yourself.
Maybe next Superbowl Sunday (or someday sooner) will be your day. :)

websites to check out!
www.mormon.org
www.lds.org
9 comments:
10 years! i am always so impressed when teenagers get baptized, it is a big, HUGE life changing thing that takes a lot to commit to, and to do that at a young age is amazing to me! thanks for being such a good example and sharing your testimony- happy superbowl sunday!
That is so awesome!! Thanks for sharing your testimony!! We love you and are so glad we're family!!
You are awesome, Heidi! Ten years is amazing! I can't believe the strength you have for getting baptized at the age you did! You really are super inspiring, to all of us!
That's so great heidi! Congrats. Ten years is a long time! Thanks for the testimony. You were such a little cutie then. You actually haven't changed much. Your curly hair was much more managed than mine was back in the day. Congrats again!
What a beautiful post and sweet, strong testimony. After meeting your family it is obvious why they are so supportive because they are such wonderful people. I love you and I'm so happy you married my brother. I think you are both so lucky.
you are such a good example! I loved hearing your testimomy:) it was touching:)
Thank you for that Heidi! SOmething i needed to hear today! Love the sweet picture of you and your friends and family.
You're amazing! Thanks for your testimony!
Oh Heidi, I love you so much! Reading your post reminds me of so many wonderful things. I remember when I first found out you were a convert of the church about the same time when I converted, I felt this instant connection to you. It was hard to place into words how I felt about the church, but I just knew by looking at you that you knew exactly how I felt and I didn't even had to say anything.
P.s. Random thought that just popped into my mind. Remember that one time when I was teaching in Relief Society and I asked you and all of our roommates to sing "be still my soul"? I remember asking you all like 2-3 weeks in advance and you all hadn't got together to practice until a few minutes before Relief Society. That made me smile. Random thought, but I love it!
Post a Comment