After seeing me "coloring" by the basketball court on Monday, a few of the neighbor girls asked if they could color too. I didn't have enough stuff for all of them and told them that on Tuesday afternoon they could come over and we could make Halloween crafts to suffice their desire. Tuesday came and at about 3pm or so, Oshyn went outside to look for them. One of the girl's brother was near and said, "Tell your Mom to give me 10 minutes, I think I know where 'so-and-so' is."10 minutes (or less) later the girls were here...and so were the ALL of the rest of the kids from our complex. Preschool to 6th grade. We broke out the paper, paint, scissors, glitter, etc. and they went NUTS. 3 hours worth of nuts. My favorite was the older boys. They got the most into it all by tracing their bodies and making scary something or others. By 6pm I told them they had 10 more minutes because I needed to make my family dinner. As they were leaving one of the boys said, "Are you going to do this again for Christmas?" I kind of giggled and thought...with WHAT?!? there isn't anything left!
After hosing down the sidewalk all that remains is the mass amounts of glitter in the grass to show for the insane afternoon of "crafts". What a fun way to finish off some paint. Thanks for the help Steph.

Here's a sampling of what was done. The pictures are all courtesy of Oshyn. He was amped on the fact that he got to use the camera, yet he told Stephanie that I was making him take pictures. Kind of funny. At dinner when we told our 'highs' and 'lows' his high was that he got to use the camera. His 'low' was that he only got to make one craft. Rough life my son, but thanks for all of your hard work.
2 comments:
Maybe I can help with the Christmas crafty afternoon... I'm expecting you'll be watching from the sidelines with a wee one on your lap.
Holy Cow that was a crazy day! But didn't you feel good all those kids were making crafts instead of throwing rocks at cars all day:)
Post a Comment