Friday, October 9, 2009

Mass Production



Yesterday was sugar cookie day. The Jones girls and Nobmann boys (plus me--I'm a girl) have been preparing for the last few days for the event. Dough was made on Wednesday, slept in the fridge (the dough, not the kids) and cut out, baked & frosted yesterday. Easier said than done, but the kids were champions and Stephanie and I picked up the tail end of about 1000 cookies. Small exaggeration there, but sometimes I wonder if I scare Stephanie away with some of my ideas of fun. Anywho, it was a good crazy fun time and we made enough that we walked the neighborhood and made many little rug rat's day.Then we piled in the car and delivered some more (maybe 1000 isn't an exaggeration).The best part, minus Oshyn crying right before bed because of eating soooo many cookies and feeling the sugar pain, was when the older two (O & Bella) talked about how good their hearts felt from sharing with so many people. Thanks again to Aunt Judy for instilling the sugar cookie within me!


P.S. To anyone who cares--I mastered the GF version of the delectable cookie--WAHOOIE!

SUGAR COOKIES (Aunt Judy style)
Cream together:
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
Add:
1 cup sour cream
3 egg yolks (beaten)
1 tsp vanilla
Add:
3 cups flour (GF= 1 cup rice flour, 1 cup tapioca starch, 1 cup corn starch, 1 1/2 tsp xantham gum)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

Chill overnight
Roll out using flour (GF=potato starch) so it doesn't stick and then cut out with cookie cutters. Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes @ 375 degrees.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to know the exact recipe for the GF cookies. Yum!

freckletree said...

okay, i had to delete a comment bc of a typo-- sometimes the meds DON'T work.

Round two:

you do so many fun things with the kids. i'm sure this helps to keep you sane as well.

how are you and number three? when are you due? i want preggo pics.

Lacey said...

i want the gf recipe too! sounds like you had fun and the kids too, i'm jealous you and steph are so close! But i am coming that way this thanksgiving. you guys gonna be around?