Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mr. Rise and Shine

I have a love/hate relationship with the 6'o clock hour my newest born has taken to waking up in since our vacation.
Other children of mine have been banished for similar type of behavior but we have run out of banishment rooms :) The lack of excitement I feel as I get out of bed dissipates significantly as I see Tyce's grin that even makes his eyes sparkle. Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he made babies so dang cute and lovable.
After he eats a bit and talks/smiles/laughs a whole lotta bit, I pop him in the stroller and we are off with the people that catch the worms (the early birds, if you missed that).

And that is when the love with the early hour steps in.

Just me and the wee one strollin' along by ourselves in the still, cool morning air. Stretching my legs and getting some fresh air.
And I like it. I am happy to be up and about. I am thankful that if I am up that early that I have the freedom to get out of the house (Beau is done with Seminary so I'm not deserting my other two) and have some quiet time before the day truly begins.
So I'll embrace the hour while it lasts.
But as great as it could be, I'd be lying if I said that I would continue to wake up if everyone else was sleeping. Its amazing how fabulous another hour in bed sounds.

Note to self: go to bed earlier and your eyes won't burn so bad.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

I can imagine how lovely it would be to have some peaceful time in the crisp morning. I can picture you and Tyce right now and it's lovely. BTW, in regard to your title, "Rise and Shine". There is this super good gluten free cereal, I think its by Bobs Mill, called "Rice and Shine", not only is it a good play on words but its our favorite for those cold winter mornings.

ashley said...

how nice! i have to agree, i love me an extra hour in bed but the mornings are so nice with the fresh air and all! wish i could go out and get some exercise in them and what great time for you and tyce!

Megan and Keli'i said...

I feel your pain...I have 5:30 am-ers.

Um...Tyce is adorable. He's so cute all bright eyed and bushy tailed!