Friday, June 11, 2010

To be Dad

As hard as being "Mom" can seem at times (or multiple times daily :) I can only imagine what its like being "Dad". When your family takes off for the desert for over a week, comes home when your not here--is gone when you arrive...
For mornings that your son mistakens Friday for Saturday (it is summer break now) and is crushed when he realizes you have to go to work. Crocodile tears try to hide but with magnifiers like he has, nothing can go unnoticed. And as "Dad" you hug and kiss him one more time before you have to go even though you'd much rather stay.
I can't imagine being "Dad", but am forever grateful for all you do and work for so I can be "Mom". We appreciate and love you.

1 comment:

Randy and Kelly Jo said...

This is beautiful Heidi Jo! You both are amazing parents and we look up to you both. We love you so much!