Saturday, December 11, 2010

I like ONE

The day began with a good 'ol flip to the car seat so Tyce can sit facing forward. The excitement didn't stop there though...
As soon as Daddy got home the festivities began! Tyce gets giddy and says "Haw haw!" when he sees donkeys, so we took that and ran with it. There was a bit of pin the tail on the donkey (thanks to a good idea from Bella and great donkey drawing). Then we went outside, before it got too dark, and got out our trusty bat to whack the pinata. Tyce LOVED it and was laughing so hard...then suddenly started crying--not sure if he felt bad for the donkey or if I was holding his hands too tight :) All of the kiddos took a turn and the pinata felt it! Everyone scrambled to pick up the "goodies" before we headed back inside.
What's a birthday without cake and ice cream? Tyce didn't waste too much time digging in. We made sure he had a fork so he wouldn't have to horde silverware later on in life like 'little man'. He laughed, chowed down, and got a few crumbs on his face. I knew he was done when he started throwing it on the floor.
When pressie time came, Tyce had some experienced present openers help him out. They may or may not have liked everything he opened more than he did. As they played with some cars and pop up turtles Tyce cruised his new rocket. ONE is BIG stuff! and we REALLY like ONE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very glad he was born! He's such a joyous boy...

ashley said...

already? gee, that is great! i dig the donkey cake! great birthday bash!

and reading this made me so look forward to 1 again!

and beau is a rad, marathons make me scared!

Smiths said...

I love reading your blog for lots of reasons, but right now because I'm really excited for our baby to turn 1 someday. But I'm totally loving 5 month Livi too. You guys are awesome. Go Beau!