Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ski Week Gone Wild!!

by guest blogger B. Nobmann
Oshyn and I both got outfitted this year with all of the ski equipment so we thought we better go big this year.  We went up to Tahoe for six days and skiied five out of six days!  We met up with the Panttaja gang and Pop Pop at the "Cab" and had a blast.  We could not have timed the weather any better.  It dumped 4-6 FEET of snow the week before and was sunny and clear all but one day.

Oshyn and Isaac tried to find every possible jump and took a few headers in the process (gotta love the new Helmet Fad!)  Dean the Machine was like a bullet, straight down the mountain and Tuke (aka Lukie) kept up with everyone.  Good work dudes!!
Getting everyone to go to sleep at night was no problem!...except Millie...those boys kept being "mean" to her :)  It's tough to be the only girl.

Me again...
First off, I have NEVER seen so much snow in my life!  When we drove up to Truckee it felt as though we were in a winter wonderland.  The snow was so heavy on everything--even the trees were loaded.  All I could think of when I saw the houses were that giant marshmallows were melted on top.  It was beautiful.

While Beau, (Ralph & Nicole on some days) took the big boys out on the slopes Pop Pop and I got to hang with the littles.  We played, colored, watched movies, went sledding (kind of), drank hot chocolate, played pool and went grocery shopping.  Pop Pop and I even took turns going to the gym and swimming laps OUTSIDE!!  Good for cabin fever :)   The littles mostly wanted to stay inside because if they stepped in the snow, it would go up to their chin.  It was so fresh that to sled we were crawling on our hands and knees to try to pack the snow down--and even then we were sinking!  I'm okay with that though because the time we did go out to "sled" and have a snowball fight, Pop Pop was gone and putting all of that gear on 3 littles--2 that are 3 years old and a one year old was A LOT of work.
We had fun making memories and being with each other.  We left a day early because the snow was going to hit hard again.  Chains were on in the first 5 minutes and stayed on all the way down the mountain.  It felt like we were driving through a blizzard.  We made it safe and sound & much to Oshyn's dismay, made it back for school on Friday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ahhh so freakin beautiful and fun Heidi! One day we will get there I just know it!!! :)

Love you too much girly!

Randy and Kelly Jo said...

Oh my gosh, TONS of snow! Wow, it looks so beautiful, but cold. LOL Pretty different from our week in AZ (high 80s during the day). :-) The boys look so cute. Sometimes I wonder if Randy and I will even be able to keep up with little ones. I don't know how you parents do it.
Love you guys!