Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Overloads and Cherry Blossoms

I hate to think the reason I have been lagging at blagging (I mean blogging) is my fear of computer overload.  I think our computer is mad at us for having so many home movies and pictures.  I am trying my hardest to back up and move things, but in the mean time we are taking more pictures and movies.  Plus we have 3 little boys that keep us busy (even when we're not documenting it in pictures or movies :) Today I decided that the blossoms needed to be documented though...cross your fingers our computer doesn't blow up.





Every year when these sweet little flowers start budding up on the trees outside our home, I immediately feel a smile creep across my face.  I LOVE SPRING!  Even when its jumping the gun in February--I still love its enthusiasm of blossoms covering the naked trees.  I have a few favorite trees that produce different flowers and blossoms, but Cherry trees hold a place in my heart.  It has everything to do with the Cherry tree we had in my front yard growing up and all of the wonderful memories I have growing up in that home with my fabulous parents and stellar brother (whom I respect much more now, than the days I chucked remote controls at him while I was mad and other things I'm not super proud of--like middle fingers and I'm sure a tongue & other really mature gestures--sorry Chad :)  Back to the blossoms...






There is not too much better that a tree covered in teeny tiny flowers.  Did I mention I LOVE Spring?  And that may have everything to do with the fact that after Spring comes Summer.  In case you didn't know---I LOVE SUMMER--but until then we are basking in blossoms and praying the wind and rain don't whisk them away too soon.

4 comments:

Dan said...

If you haven't already you may want to look into Googles product Picasa. You can get 80gigs of storage for $20/year. It is super easy to upload/backup your pics/vids and it also allows you to share with Blogger. We use the program and really like it.

Denae said...

Wow! You guys really have winter, huh? I guess you just need to move south a couple of hours & you can have spring all year long. Speaking of, we have been several hours from each other for 2 months now & we have not seen your faces. How are we going to take care of this & when???

Lacey said...

Did you get the hard drives we talked about? If you need any help Chas is happy to assist :) Skype us!

heidi said...

Thanks Dan--I'll have to check that out. We have smug mug, but that sounds cool too.
Denae--I am a wimp. I don't know if I could honestly say we have winter, although it did hail here once this year! NOTHING compared to Chicago. NOTHING.
Lace--we did. I am transferring but am a little overwhelmed. I may call you for moral support :)