Saturday, February 18, 2012

Woodbridge Wilderness

Practically in our own backyard, there is a "wilderness" area.  Ever since I can remember, its been closed.  Sad part is, it used to be open all of the time until some smart guy decided to gas the place and set fire to it all for "fun".  I just found out it is open the 1st and the 4th Saturdays of the month (with supervision at the gate)...we had to check it out!  I've been wondering for years what was behind the chained gates.

The boys were ready for some wilderness!!  When I told them where we were going, true to their nature--they both put on camo shirts, jeans and boots.  Oshyn even threw on a "safari" hat.  The excitement was awesome.

We had a little tour guide show us around.  No joke, he looked about 12, but was something fancy in the military.   

Cruz got a cut from some very dangerous grass :) which slowed him down a bit, but he survived without a band-aid for quite some time.  He wouldn't suck on it like we all advised him.



 My little tree hugger enjoying the log walking.


We saw a deer skeleton to round off the day.  They took the skull but we were able to look--not touch, the rest.  
We can hardly wait to show Daddy and Tyce the gem of wilderness in our backyard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm getting so homesick for these three boys...