Well it was. Hawaii spoiled us.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Trying to forget
This is about 2 weeks past, hence...trying to forget :) Labor day weekend, we had this fabulous idea to go to the beach. Beau and his Dad would go Abalone diving in the wee hours of the morning--catch their limit (3 each) and then the rest of us would meet them at Portuguese Beach (near Bodega Bay) for a day in the sand and sun. We had it down--bring the BBQ to cook the abalone, drinks in the cooler, side dishes for lunch, port-a-cribs for naps, swimsuits for getting in the water...you name it, we had it covered...or so we thought. Who would have thought that the 1st day of Sept would be SO DANG WINDY AND COOOOOOLLLLLDDDDD and the water would be CRAZY?
Well it was. Hawaii spoiled us.







Did I mention the boys only got one abalone? Enough for appetizers back at the Panttaja's.

But I'd be lying if I said we didn't still have a good time. Sweatshirts and all.
Well it was. Hawaii spoiled us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hawaii spoils everyone. that is really cool that they go dive for abalone. you keep the shells right? i love lines of abalone shells.
and how cool was your triathlon?
you guys are in a different league. I had to look up abalone in the dictionary. haha!
Things rarely go as planned for us. I try to include in the plans to be totally suprised and ready for anything. Glad you guys had fun anyway.
Yes, that is an AWESOME weekend! Adam and I used to go abalone diving...well, at least Adam did! There ain't no WAY I'd get in NORCAL water...freezing and shark-infested! I'm too spoiled here. Looks like you had an awesome time! And yes, your tri was super cool. Wish I could've joined. And can I just say, "hello sexy lady!" You're dang hot, Miss Heidi!
Okay, so you have no idea who I am , but I happened upon your blog while searching for one of my old friends Ralph Panttaja. If you get a chance, could you contact me through my blog? I would love to know how Ralph and his family are doing.
Post a Comment