Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cruzisms

With Oshynisms, at this point, it is all about WHAT he says, at this point in Cruz's life, it is all about HOW he says certain things.  All I know is that we can't get enough of this kid.  (Let me take that back, at meal times, I get enough...still love him to pieces though).

ike-lllll (motorcycle)---EVERY time we see a motorcycle or he sees one--then I look to find it myself.  He's got a good eye!

some and that--when he desires something we have and we say, "Do you want some/that?" He repeats "SOME SOME SOME" or "THAT THAT THAT" while pointing

loud (vacuum)--this is most often said with a pathetic sad voice.  He doesn't seem to enjoy the loud things in life, namely UPS trucks, blenders, etc.  For a while he would call all loud things "loud...vacuum".

shoe fly--obsessed with the fly swatter.  He LOVES to swat flies.  Hate to admit it but we have enough that he has had a lot of practice.  He likes books with flies in them--an animal book that has flies around a donkey and 'I know an Old Lady who swallowed a Fly' are two he picks out.  When he sees the flies in the books, he starts waving his hand around saying "SHOE FLY!  SHOE FLY!"  I don't know where he gets that from :)

cow...moon--when he says "cow" he usually follows by saying "moon"  I think he thinks that a cow says "moon" instead of "moo" because of 
Good Night Moon 'the cow jumping over the 
moon'

pounds--Cruz likes to give high 5's and recently someone taught him pounds.  He sticks his fist out and says pounds for you to respond.

What ever Cruz says he repeats over and over and over until we get it and repeat it back to him, showing him we understand.  He is cracking us up at this point and we are loving the interaction between the two boys (mostly).  
These pictures show his awe at the zoo, me finding him too quiet (reading a book under the table), wanting to play bball with Oshyn's team, hiding behind a certain bush for about 20 min...just standing there (and today reading a book behind the bush), 
and sneaking techie toddler messing with the computer any chance he can get.
  




5 comments:

Bowdens said...

He is really growing up fast and he's so cute! Yes I got those emergency food containers at Costco. They were on the food side of Costco, but just on an end cap. They weren't on any specific isle. I just went back yesterday though and they were all gone. So, you'll have to check it out.They also have a huge 50lb container of wheat, which is on the bulk sugar, flour isle. So, I want to go back and get that. Good luck!

Shannon said...

That is so cute. It's good you are writing all these things down so you can look back later and remember all the funny things they are saying. Miss you guys!

Megan and Keli'i said...

Super cute, Cruz! I swear, kids are freakin' adorable! Gotta love those "isms".

Da Denninghoff's said...

What a cutee! You both produce adorable young men. Maybe we can set an arrange marriage with Eve. If he isnt already taken. By the way Heidi, I admire your desire to promote goodness. You are one intelligent lady with a strong voice. Love yah lots. Tell your hubby I said waaaaaaaaasup!

Anonymous said...

He is just the sweetest guy in town. I can just hear him saying all of those things and I can just see the twinkle in his eye -- and I so love the fact that he's hiding -- to read books! What a winner. You make good kids Heidi and Beau.
xomom