FYI: I used 1/2 c oil (no applesauce in the house) and oat flour instead of tapioca. Regular flour would work too I am sure. It was fine and dandy with those two alterations. I also dusted the top with powdered sugar. MMM good.
Ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cornstarch
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 Tbsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups fresh zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the eggs until foamy, adding sugar, oil and apple sauce (using wire whip attachment for mixer).
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients and then add them to the egg mixture (switch to the flat beater or dough hook attachment) and beat in electric mixer for about 3 minutes or until batter is well mixed and becomes very thick. Add nuts.
- If baking as a loaf, grease two large loaf pans and fill each 1/2 full. Bake for approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes, testing to be sure the middle is cooked through. If your oven cooks the tops of these loaves too quickly, cover with aluminum foil to prevent burning (after about 25-35 minutes). If you want to use this as a breakfast bread, you can sprinkle the tops with Confectioner's sugar.
- If baking as muffins, grease and 1/2 fill 24 muffin tins. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, testing to be sure the middle is cooked through.
4 comments:
I'm making it tomorrow!!!!!! Thanks...
Wow -- almost had a big muck up... I put 1 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar instead of the corn flour -- even with my immaculate - ly labeled pantry... just happened to walk in there when I was putting stuff away and looked up and read "corn flour" and thought -- what the heck did I put in the dry ingredients.
Whew! Will share results in about an hour and ten minutes.
Oh yeah! I can see what Beau is talking about -- not a hint of the fact they're gluten free! What IS that website?
might have to try this, cj is very convinced gf is horrific, i'm out to prove him wrong.
Post a Comment