Sunday, March 1, 2009

Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

When love was flowing for most of the world in the middle of February, Dr. Jekyll came to visit our home.  When asked to do simple tasks such as "Put your boots on the stairs", he would reply with an angry and very firm, "NO!"  Not just once but EVERY time he was asked.  It didn't stop at that.  The early hours is when it all would begin, "I NEED MILKIES NOW!"  Nap time also had some issues and nasty words would fly, "NO NAP!  PLAY CARS!  NO READ BOOKS! WATCH A MOVIE!"  Dinner time wasn't any different, "NO STIR FRY!  OATMEAL!  CEREAL!"  I was starting to wonder what to do (besides laugh).  Then when the month of (supposed) "love" was coming to an end, Mr. Hyde suddenly showed up out of no where.  "Put your boots on the stairs," was followed by a sweet voice offering, "Okay Mommy!  Thank you Mommy!"  and every other request had the same answer.  Where did Dr. Jekyll come from and where did he go?  I have no idea, but occasionally he visits for short periods of time.  Short (for Dr. Jekyll) and sweet (for Dr. Hyde) is what we prefer.  

4 comments:

Megan and Keli'i said...

Wow. I think my kids suffer from the same epidemic. Hmmmm...

Anonymous said...

He is so funny and so darned cute. I just want to beam him (and the rest of you) down here on this beautiful summer day. Love you ---

Bowdens said...

Yes we are enjoying the weather, but yesterday hit 90...not so cool when you're pregnant and it's only March!! I hope it gets back down to 75!
I'm sure even when Cruz is Dr. Jekyl he's still a cutie!

Katherine said...

Sounds familiar. We get our fair share of that revolving door, too! We can't wait to get our boys together!