Monday, April 13, 2009

The Mouth Runner

On our drive to the coast this weekend, we left at about 5 pm.  We figured that way the boys could sleep for half of the drive thus making it pain-free for all.  Oshyn was out at about 8, but the Cruz-man, well, he was a different story.  He talked non-stop for HOURS.  No exaggeration.  I kept looking at Beau wondering who this kid was and then for about 5 minutes I wrote down everything he said.  I don't know if I was amazed that he could talk so much with so little response back from the peanut gallery or if I was amazed that this was my second child that had the ability to run his mouth to no end.  Here is a small taste of what we heard from about 9:35-9:40pm... 
 
All my single ladies.
Look!  Triangle!
Jingle Bells (to the tune)
Buddy!
Lambie!
Don't throw it Daddy.
Daddy bonk his head?
Eat it in my mouth?
Look!  2 Big Rigs!
We made it!
Itsee spider...ha ha ha!
No, no, no, I don't like cheese!
Look at my hands going in here!
Oshyn sleeping?
There's a slide...go weeeeee!  (it was pitch black)
That's pretty cool.
Oshyn trying to go ni ni.
Do Chantilly Lace!
Mom, I wanna listen to Teen Angels!
Spiderman!
Look at my hand.
High fives Dad fives!
Do that fives Daddy.
Do that fives Daddy.
Do that fives Daddy.
Daddy driving?
No Mommys driving too Mom.
Let me tell you something Mom.
You get it Mom.
Help put my socks on.
My cars fell down.
Wait wait wait...let me tell you something Mom.
Come see the temple Mom.
No close your eyes Mom.
Mom I want my towel.
Look at temple Mom.
Going bye bye.
(This is the point when I handed him the ipod with a movie on it...whew!  The silence was golden...but don't think I would ever want him any other way.)

This picture is from the way back to Lodi on Sunday.  Same story.  Oshyn slept for about 2 hours and Cruz finally submitted to the heavy eyes with about 45 minutes left.  Wowza.  

6 comments:

Bald n Beautiful said...

Don't you just love how all kids are SO different. I am always just laughing at the difference between my four.

Anonymous said...

You don't ever have to worry that he's going to be left behind... and you'll never have to worry that he'll be a middle kid. He'll make his wants and wishes known.

Just love that boy!

Da Denninghoff's said...

Thats impressive! You guy's are such a fun family:)

Denae said...

What a funny little guy! How does Oshyn deal with it?

Lacey said...

I remember driving with your guys back from the cabin with just Oshyn and it was the same thing. He talked the whooole way. I thought it was so cute because I never got to see him in action. I had no idea you guys were expecting him to fall asleep. Then Beau said in a high pitch laughing voice, "Go to sleep." Oshyn just laughed and kept talking then finally the last 30 mins nodded off.

What do you feed them to make them talk do much. It's awesome!

Lacey said...

I'm very impressed with no response back, Lizzy would also talk for a long time straight with no response back but it would be the same phrase over and over till she did get a response.