And then the repetition of it all started to sink in. All they were doing was swimming laps, Monday-Thursday from 5:15-5:45p. I think at 5, I would have gotten bored too. Oshyn said he wanted to do swim team but just for 3 days on and 4 days off. Beau convinced him that he would be able to swim across Lodi Lake with Daddy because he was getting so strong from swimming so much. That is when the humility started to sink in :) and everyday I would hear something different about his strength...
(As he was flexing...)
"My arm is really hard."
"My muscles are getting bigger. Look it goes down right here and then up right here."
"I used to think it was boring."
"After swim team is over I'm going to be huge strong."
and later when everything went down with MJ, "Isn't Michael Jackson the best swimmer?" (...hmmm, I think you mean Michael Phelps.)
This all lasted another week or two & then it got "boring" again. Occasionally he asks about starting up swim team again. Next year we will try again and purposely pick the team that has the most meets (this one had one a month--and the first one was only for the older kids--so he didn't even get to race!). I know that will change his perspective. As for now, we are ENJOYING swimming again just hanging out by our pool.
3 comments:
those flexing quotes are hysterical! so good!
i can't wait for my girls to do swim team!
You are an amazing Mom. I get so inspired to find out about team sports and do special things like a date with the little guy. You're awesome and I'm glad to know you.
You make such good decisions about your kids...
Post a Comment