
Halloween finally arrived after much anticipation from the superheros at our house.



As soon as we got up I said, "Happy Halloween!" Oshyn returned the salutation while Cruz said, "Can we eat all of the candy now?" That was just a little omen for the Halloween evening to come.

At about 6pm I poured some bags of candy into a bowl. Cruz didn't miss it and got some handfuls right away. I told him not to eat that candy, it was for our trick-or-treaters. He said, "Trick-or-Treat...Can I have one now?" As we went out ourselves he had a lolli in his mouth at all times. We would try to explain to him about putting it in your bag until later, but he said, "I
CAN'T I
NEED to eat it!" Much of the night went on with him on a mini sugar high and everyone else cracking up. At one point I said to Beau, "This guy is funny." But was interrupted by some cackle-type laughing from our backseat. "HA HA I
LOVE my BIG lollipop!!" Batman was at his best. After singing the Batman song and announcing to every house--BATMAN!!! we came home. He expressed his gratitude for me suggesting to him to go potty and then proceeded to do the "stanky leg" out of nowhere. After both boys were in bed I could hear him singing "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat. If you don't, I don't care I'll go get some ice cream."
Oh what fun it is to see the effects sugar has on this guy that is filled with so much spunk already.
As for the O man. Oshyn was so into character and all business. He is a Halloween pro and did much posing for people that wanted pictures of the dynamic duo. And although he desired to eat much candy, it didn't take much convincing to have him stop at 5 or 6 pieces...he remembered what happened
last year.
One of the many things I love about having kids is reliving all of the fun we had as kids and seeing it through a different set of eyes. We should dress up every night.
3 comments:
I love the Batman and Robin costumes. Cute boys!Happy Halloween.
Those costumes are adorable, as are your boys and all of the cute things they say. Clever kids.
Ahhhh, they are soooo cute! Well done on the costumes Heidi!
Post a Comment