Monday, November 16, 2009

Leave it to the kiddos

We all headed back East--the two littlies and I on Tuesday and Beau on Friday. My Grandpa's memorial service on Saturday was just lovely. I don't think I have ever been to a Quaker memorial, but if they are all like his was--what a terrific celebration of life. It was so great to hear all the wonderful attributes of his that he had impacted on so many others--characteristic and features that I already knew were true of J.R., but neat to hear from others experiences and from various facets of his life.
The days leading up to his memorial were filled with tons of quality family time. Almost everyone was at my Grandma's house for about 10 hours each day. It was a nice relaxing bonding time for all, but the great grandkids definitely stole the show. It took about 45 seconds for them to warm up to each other. Our boys adored their second cousin Kobe and vice versa. I don't remember much (if any) entertainment necessary from the adults.
Their happiness was contagious. Oshyn and Kobe were always off exploring, while Cruz went back and forth either with them or entertaining the adults.
As they were getting their pjs on one night, the comment was made, "We're like brothers, but we're cousins!" A week that could have been spent with many tears and sadness was spent with smiles and laughter. I am thankful for my family and all they are. We couldn't have planned this any better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a lovely, family time that I will forever treasure. Bless you for being there.