The Monday before Thanksgiving, I told Oshyn about how Thanksgiving started--that t

he Pilgrims came over to America on big boats and became friends with the Native Americans...they got together and had a big feast with lots and lots of good food. Then I said that when we celebrate thanksgiving we also have a big feast just like they did. Long story short, as Thanksgiving was drawing near, Oshyn wasn't too concerned about the food, but wanted to know when we got to go on a boat. Lucky for us we went up to Redding where the houses all look out onto a lake. He told me that we could be the "Pilgrooms" and Dean and Isaac (cousins) could be the

Native Americans. We did just that with the little paddle boats!
We had a fabulous time and were able to see Beau's oldest sister, Janaea, and her crew (Sammy, Ian, Zach and Jackson), the beloved Panttaja's (whom Oshyn secretly wishes he belonged to), Aunt Marianne, Roger and a plethora of dogs. Oshyn LOVES Redding and LOVES to be with his cousins! He asked Beau "When I get older, do I get to pick where I want to live?" Beau said, "Yep and you can live down the street from me and mommy". Oshyn said he wants to live in Redding.

No offense taken here, I'm sure it has more to do with cousins, tackle football, running, paddle boats, scooters, fishing (should I keep going?) than if he wants to be close to us or not. I think all of the kids (and most grownups) feel that way--probably because summer or fall, Redding is always a good time. There are lots of fun things for everyone to do and we can be outside tons, which is what we love most.
One of the favorite activities we are able to do up at Aunt Marianne's house is going fishing on the lake. Oshyn caught his first fish--meaning HE cast the line into the lake, HE reeled it in, and HE pulled it out...all by himself. I don't know who was more proud, Oshyn or Beau, but it was indeed a good moment for all.

You can see more pictures of the weekend on flickr (when i get around to downloading them, i'll paste a link here...I gotta go to activity day)
1 comment:
Congratulations to the fisherman! His smile says it all. I think he has the fishing genes on both sides of the family. I'm thinking we can count on dinner for many years to come.
xogrammie
Post a Comment