So this took me quite a while to put together. Made me realize why I post about a day or one activity at a time. A week is quite overwhelming, but here it is...
Last week (the 18th-the 25th) we went on a little desert-style adventure. The 2 short guys and I arrived on Monday and were escorted to Glendale by a charming Kiwi gentleman (Pete). The adventure almost ended right there because as we were pulling up to my Dad and Sue's house I realized that the key to the house was on my keychain...which was with Beau...far far away in California. Hmmm---well, thank goodness for cell phones and cousins. My little nanny/cousin, Jamie, showed up not too much later with the key. Thank you for the rescue Jamie. After a good dinner, and a good pudding (with GGma, GGpa and Pete), Curious George and the rest of us were ready for bed. I had a nice visit with the bride-to-be, Sarah, which was fabulous considering her wedding was the main attraction this week and how often do you get to spend time with the bride on their wedding day? Thanks for making time for me before your wedding Sarah.
First things first, we were off to Walmart to get some diapers for Cruz-man. Wholly cow. Super Walmart REALLY is SUPER. I know it gets a bad rap at times, but as I was in there, I definitely got sucked into it all. I was able to get diapers, groceries, and a few other goodies all in one stop. Thank you Walmart, I mean SUPER Walmart. I took a picture of Cruz in the cart because that is how he rides--side saddle, turned so he can see where we're going. If I try to turn him back he keeps twisting around. Makes sense, he sees where we've been everytime he's in his carseat--may as well see where we're going sometimes.
These 2 pictures are of the little men in my Dad's jeep. We decided that we'd take it around the neighborhood for a joyride. I didn't know what the boys would think of everything blowin' in the wind, but they LOVED it. Oshyn said, "I knew it would be windy, but not THIS WINDY!!" Then he and Cruz just laughed and laughed. Well, needless to say, every time we had to go somewhere life became a joyride...and the Jeep became our main ride.
That is until we went out to GGma and GGpa's. Then it was the golf cart. Yep, its still going strong and GGma and GGpa made one little boy very happy with the rides he was given.

What a double blessing to be able to see my grandparents when we were in Arizona. I think the world of them both and got as many hugs and kisses as I could. The boys are so lucky to have great grandparents like these two.
We got to swim in their heated pool--wahoo! I think it was a bit warmer than Oshyn's little escapade in my Dad's spa. When a boy wants to swim, he'll get in wherever. I had a bit more patience for once in my life.
Randi, Dylan and baby Jake came over on Wednesday and we went to the park. Boy was Oshyn excited to have a playmate and me a great friend to spend time with. I love you Ran-bug!
Baby Jake all snuggled in
(I had a girlfriend of mine over almost everyday and I was trying to get a feel for what Oshyn thought...he said he liked Dylan the most).
I really wanted Oshyn to go on a hike with me. He was so in awe with the cacti and would yell out..."There's another ONE!" whenever we saw one. If you've been to or live in AZ you know that is quite often. So we took our joyride vehicle to 67th Ave. and Deer Valley Road on Friday morning and bada bing bada boom, a plethora of hikes to choose from basically in my Dad's backyard. Talk about a good time. Oshyn couldn't believe how high we were and how tall of a mountain we climbed. Funny part is, these thoughts came in the first 5 minutes of our "hike". The desert was blooming with sweet little flowers and we saw plenty of cool rocks and cacti--Oshyn kept jumping on big 'ol rocks and singing "I'm the king of the mountain! I'm the king of the mountain!"
We picked up Beau on Friday and then headed over to the Bowdens. Long lost Hawaiian born bruddahs--Kirkie and Oshyn had a blast together. They are SOOO much a like its almost scary. Nahh not scary, just super fun for them and us. The only difference was that Kirkie was incredibly strong. His muscles were bulging out of his shirt the entire afternoon. When we were leaving I thought Kirkie said he wanted Oshyn to "leave" his home, but he said that he wanted Oshyn to "live" here.
Blair was 100% sweetheart. She was busy ta
king care of her dolls and Cruz when he was near. Made me realize our mother-like qualities are instilled from the get-go. Cars are to boys as Babies are to girls...at least in this crew.
Mr. and Mrs. Rico. A good reason for going to parts of Arizona I never knew existed.

Beau, Cruz and I drove down to Tubac, AZ with the Paxton's for Sarah's wedding. Cruz was a good time, full of entertainment and natural party animal at only 8 months. Good job Cruz.
It was good to see a lot of my high school girlfriends all dolled up. Beautiful wedding. Beautiful desert. Beautiful friends. (Oshyn stayed up in the northern parts with Aunt Connie, Aunt Judy, Jamie and crew. Rumor is he went to the zoo and got jumped on by a goat, glasses going straight in the dirt. Wish I had a picture of that!)
As always the best part of going to Arizona was seeing family and friends. Thank you so much for everyone that made time to visit with us and drove over to the West side. We love to see all of you and appreciate all you do for us. We missed you Dad and Sue, but felt close to you staying at your house!
2 comments:
Wow! What wonderful adventures...It was well worth the wait I am always amazed at how thorough you are and consistent for that matter. You are my blogging inspiration...now i just have to transfer that into action. Don't worry #2 is coming someday. Even if I have to just email the pics. Cruz is so chubby and happy, I'm so glad he still likes to chill in his sling.
thanks lace. we are patiently waiting for #2...an email picture will work just so long as we get to see that little guy before you leave korea. cruz has a little round head and a slim little body--super funny, and snuggly cheeks.
Post a Comment