Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Superman & Robin

Oshyn has been a bit into superheros lately. He has these Superman pj's that have a cape you can velcro onto the shirt. Well, on Monday he told me he didn't want to get dressed because he needed to fly around with his cape. I had an idea--why don't we make another cape so the desire to stay in our pj's might die down a bit and the motivation to get ready for the day could take a notch up. So I asked what color cape Oshyn wanted. He said, "Green". That is his favorite color you know. I sure didn't have enough green fabric, so after a few seconds I thought of this old green shirt I had. Perfect size. Perfect color. We went upstairs and brought it down to cut. Next brilliant idea as I was cutting...leave the neck on so no velcro would be necessary--I highly recommend that idea to any old-shirt-cape-makers. A few little hems or whatever the proper name is and vwala! A Green superhero cape was born! I tried to convince him that it was really cool to have an "O" in the middle, but he informed me that he was Superman, not Oshyn. So there you are, after a few more cuts and stitches (later in the day) and "Superman's" cape was finished. Now he can play Superman and Beau or I can be Robin. Yes, you read that right, Robin--we don't have the heart (or desire) to correct that one! I think the cape is a hit. After flying around the house, the park, to Bella's or wherever, he has proceeded to show me how far he can jump with his cape on...and how far he used to be able to jump without his cape on. WAY FARTHER!

8 comments:

Ashley B said...

You are full of great ideas. I am very impressed with the cape. I am sure it brings super-powers. Reading about your kids makes me very excited for my own. You are always having so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Heidi I can't get over how handsome Oshyn is in those glasses. What a stylish kid!

Jill said...

I idolize you! Maybe you can raise my kids one day. Oshyn is too cute! I can tell you love being a mom!

Anonymous said...

I get to see Superman in the FLESH tomorrow... maybe he'll let me be Lois (Grammie) Lane.
love you - mom

ashley said...

ok, such a great idea with the shirt neck. great work, i hope i can make capes someday and not tutu's...

georgeandmarie said...

He is so cute!! I adore the glasses!

Lacey said...

way to cool, i'll keep that one stored for a while till lizzy wants to be a superhero!

Oleole Family said...

I am glad you found me. Your boys are super cute. And Cruz looks exactly like you, it's kinda crazy! Oshyn makes the cutest superman. Isn't it crazy how they grow up so fast.....