Cruz just started learning to float through ISR infant swimming (which is how Oshyn started back in the day). This is a little clip of him after only a week...I'm not sure if the quality of the video will be good enough to see it all, but hopefully you'll get the point. I think Cruz might have had more hair last week before the chlorine, poor guy :) The chlorine is super strong because we go to an indoor pool at the gym, just check out Julie's swim suit...it used to be striped and now its white.
These little ones never ceases to amaze me. I love this stuff.
To learn more about ISR and how to prevent drowning look here or type in www.infantswim.com
I will update you in a week or so.
11 comments:
ok, i was talking about this the other day with megan naihe who's boy did this. it seems like it would be traumatizing. was oshyn ever scared of the water after doing it? it is rad that he can float, so wierd to see such a little one floating like that!
oshyn hasn't been scared of the water...because he knows what to do in it. he is a little fish! he hasn't always been happy about practicing, but he also doesn't always want to take a nap or brush his teeth when i want him to. :) the fact that the #1 cause of death for kids under 4 is drowning, kills me and i wish more kids knew how to swim so it didn't happen. growing up in AZ will do it to ya.
Wow, that is craziness! How old is Cruz? Was he freaking out, because he looked like a pro in the video just rolling back over! Way to go mom!
You'll have to put a video on the blog of Oshyn swimming now -- all because he started then!
xomom
I just checked for classes within a 60 mile radius with no luck. Maybe I'll have to take an extra long vacation somewhere that offers them, cuz it's really got me thinking now, since water is a basic part of Smith family life.
Way to go Cruz! That was so impressive. I haven't ever heard of or seen a little guy like cruz take swimming classes. Thanks for the info. that is so awesome!
Heidi that is so freaking awesome! I told you Ben really wanted to get Taj into it, but they only do it in CA, AZ & FL. Do you think you could come out & teach us?!?? That really is amazing & so important for kids to learn.
I can't breath watching that. That's amazing. I wish I could do that with our babies...but I heard it's only in cali and florida. So cool.
That is seriously awesome! I think we need to get Suede into that. Thanks for the link.
I never heard about that before, you make me want to learn more about it. So did your boy's enjoy the water before doing this? I Just wonder about the babies who dont like water from the get go, will this affect the way they feel about water in the future? If not I'm throwing Eve in there:)
He is so cute floating in the water! Kirk and Blair just started swimming lessons last week, which is not an option in Arizona. They start learning when they're babies. There have already been a few drownings this year.
Post a Comment