Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring Training

Boy are we happy to see buds on the trees and blue, sunny skies.  We have had a lot of rain and welcome with open arms the spring weather.  What goes better with this time of year than a little baseball?  The little men have been honing their skills this past weekend.  Here's a clip of Cruz during batting practice.  
 
I, too, had a little batting practice.  Beau was pitching with Oshyn in the outfield.  Quite a few pitches came my way, but didn't make it past me.  I was having a good  'ol time.  Finally I missed a pitch and Beau commented, "I got you with the change up!"  From then on, if I ever missed a pitch, Oshyn would yell at the top of his lungs, "Got you with the CHAIN SAW!"  What a funny start to a Saturday.  Here are a few pictures from later on in the day...at Target. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive -- I think it's the gum boots that do the trick! I love that he's so responsive to Beau's directions. Excellent receptive language. xo

ashley said...

that kid is a natural!

ok, what the heck is xanthan gum for the bread recipe? i have always wondered what that is and where do you get it?

heidi said...

xanthan gum is a substitution for wheat gluten. must take its place pretty well because that is the first time i used it and it was fabulous. someone gave me some, but i'm guessing you could get it at the health food store....

Taralyn said...

awesome! you start them young :)