Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Houdini

Cruz decided that his late night hang out (the crib--in case you were wondering) wasn't "the hot spot" anymore last night.  He usually sings, talks, and rocks from about 8-9:30p nightly.  I know, that's quite sometime, but he's not even 2 and needs to be put to bed by 8 at least...and he's happy in there--or so I thought.  One leg over and a shimmy to the ground--without making a sound. The little munchkin starts coming down the steps and  sticking his little cute face by the stair rail.  Maybe its because it was the first night he climbed out (about 6+ times) or maybe because Oshyn didn't ever try it, but Beau and I thought it was hilarious and before I got home--Beau and Cruz even hung out for a bit.  This morning the usually rocking and uh uh uhing didn't happen.  Why?  Well that little string bean shimmed his way out this morning and the only thing that woke me (and Oshyn) was his struggle with a sticky door.  This guy is definitely his own man.  I say "man" because he still uses an unusually low voice when he talks, so low and gravely even O can't imitate him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love his independence... and by the way --- his Mommy did the same thing.

Bowdens said...

Just catching up on your blog! Happy b-day to Oshyn....May is a great month!
Should I say congrats to Cruz's new independence?? j/k It's fun when they get to move to a big bed!

Smiths said...

You are very patient people. I have a new fear.