On Wednesday we went to a birthday party and one of the party gifts was a jar with tadpoles in it. Kind of fun to think we could watch the little guys get legs, arms, and then turn into frogs in 6-10 weeks time. Our neighbor gave us a cup of dog food to feed them (they told us that is what they would eat) and Oshyn is determined they are called "tadapolts". If I refer to them as tadpoles, he corrects me. They made it home on our bike with Cruz protecting them, but as I look at them only 2 days later, I only see one swimming. Kind of pathetic when we started with about 8, but I don't know what we are doing wrong...I don't think they need to be pet, or taken for a walk, and we have talked to them periodically. Let's just cross our fingers that the one makes it through the night and that hopefully one or two others are just sleeping. I guess if they don't, this will be a good story to tell the kids when they want a dog--"We can't get a dog! We can't even keep tadapolts alive for 3 days!"
1 comment:
Thats cute. Really cute. I love that you guys seem to go everywhere in your bikes. Fun times.
Post a Comment