This may come as a disgrace to the law abiding citizens out there, but after 5 years in denial of our move to CA (not the 10 days they "suggest"), I went to the DMV this week to submit my Hawaii license. This was a sad day for me, but the years of holding off most definitely helped keep my eyes dry. At times it feels like a dream that I lived in paradise. I have to admit, it was mostly for the expiration date of this summer coming up that I didn't really want to deal with, and also my kids trusty 2nd mother going out of town soon that made me give it up. I guess I won't be hearing "WHY in the world did you move HERE?" anymore when showing my ID. Aloha 'oe.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Stepping into reality
This may come as a disgrace to the law abiding citizens out there, but after 5 years in denial of our move to CA (not the 10 days they "suggest"), I went to the DMV this week to submit my Hawaii license. This was a sad day for me, but the years of holding off most definitely helped keep my eyes dry. At times it feels like a dream that I lived in paradise. I have to admit, it was mostly for the expiration date of this summer coming up that I didn't really want to deal with, and also my kids trusty 2nd mother going out of town soon that made me give it up. I guess I won't be hearing "WHY in the world did you move HERE?" anymore when showing my ID. Aloha 'oe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Who is the trusty 2nd mother? Hawaii was a dream. I like the new guy too!
i love those comments- ok, i really don't, but i do love my hawaii license. maybe you should just move back for a little bit so that you can get another one and keep it for a few more years? if we ever get a house you can use our address!
I feel you Heidi. When I moved to utah they made me get a new drivers license. I about cried when they punched a whole through it. Silly but true:)Miss yah girl
Post a Comment